This page is a container for the growing collection of quotes I believe and live.
- Man’s greatest asset is the unsettled mind. –Isaac Asimov
- Anger and frustration wont solve anything. Actions and choices do. –Theja (My bestie at college)
- Aspiration is the possibility. – NRN
- Remember that there is nothing stable in human affairs; therefore avoid undue elation in prosperity, and undue depression in adversity. – Socrates
- It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again. Because there is no effort without error and shortcomings, he who knows the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the high achievement of triumph and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, knows his place shall never be with those timid and cold souls who know neither victory nor defeat. –Theodore Roosevelt
- To laugh is to risk appearing the fool. To weep is to risk being called sentimental. To reach out to another is to risk involvement. To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self. To place your ideas and your dreams before them is to risk being called naive. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To live is to risk dying. To hope is to risk despair, and to try is to risk failure. But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing and becomes nothing. He [or she] may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live. Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave, he’s forfeited his freedom. Only the person who risks is truly free.’ – Dr. Leo Buscaglia
- Never tell your problems to anyone. Most people can’t do anything about them and the rest are glad that you have them. – Unknown